As part of the integrated team at Prime’ Sport Performance & Therapy, registered Kinesiologist and Performance Specialist Clayton Smith brings his experience in the world of high performance, and combines it with a passion for the prevention and management of injury and disease.
President of Prime’ Sport Performance & Therapy, Clay has had the privilege to work with some of the top athletes and organizations in the world, including the N.H.L, C.F.L, N.C.A.A, C.I.S, Red Bull racing, Monster racing, Canadian Alpine ski team, Wheelchair Rugby Canada, Specialized and Canyon Factory World downhill mountain bike race teams. Locally Clay works as the performance specialist with the Nanaimo Junior “A” Clippers, Nanaimo Junior “B” Buccaneers, Vancouver Island University Baseball team, Nanaimo Pirates Baseball organization, Nanaimo United Football club , N.D.S.S sports academies (LAX, Soccer, Hockey, Volleyball), and the North Island Silvertips.
As a dually registered Kinesiolgist and Performance Specialist, Clay works with clients to develop a robust functional movement capacity, allowing people to perform at their prime daily.
- Bachelor of Kinesiology (honours), University of British Columbia
- Soft Tissue Release Certificate
- Performance Therapy Certificate
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Functional Movement Systems Certified (F.M.S)
- Myofascial Release in Sports Medicine
- Twist Sport Conditioning Coach
- Member of the Nanaimo Clippers Junior ‘A’ hockey organization (BCHL)
- Member of the Nanaimo Pirates baseball organization (BCPBL)
- Member of Team B.C (Hockey and Baseball)
- Hockey Canada
- Nanaimo Clippers Junior ‘A’ hockey organization
- Nanaimo Buccaneers Junior ‘B’ hockey organization
- Vancouver Island University: Baseball, Basketball
- U.C.I Mountain Biking (Redbull/Devinci bikes)
- R.U.S.H Soccer Academy
- Canadian Alpine Ski Team
- World Athletic Centre (ALTIS): Run/Throw/Jump